Position Holder: Mel Lane
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mel Lane joined the Rotary Club of Pall Mall, London in 2014, after being a Rotaractor since 2011. Mel joined the Darlings in 2017, and is currently Membership Director and President Elect of the Darlings, and will be President in 2019/20.
She was a Rotary Youth Exchange Student in Denmark in 2002, and since being part of the Rotary family, Rotary has taken her to 25 countries around the world.
Mel works in Human Resources, and has worked in a number of organisations within various industries including legal, exporting, government, not-for profit, banking, insurance, event management and property. Mel has a Bachelor of Business Studies (HR Management and Management) from Monash University and is currently studying her Masters of Human Resources (Employment Relations) part-time through Charles Sturt University whilst working full-time.
Their main functions are to plan, measure and improve membership through encouragement and motivation. They must also ensure members are maximising the benefit received from being a member of the Club.
- Keeps an up to date list of all members, potential members, and friends of Rotary including phone numbers, e-mail addresses, classification and spouse’s details via the website
- Assists the treasurer in collecting membership fees
- Sets annual membership targets and provides monthly reports on membership
- Works closely with the focus areas to develop plans to recruit members with specific skills to assist with planned projects
- Develops a process for engaging with potential members to understand their expectations and to ensure they understand the clubs culture and goals
- Develop a process for engaging with new members to understand their skills and interests and to ensure that they feel part of the club
- Resolve barriers to membership (eg. Financial – payment plans)
- Develop a scholarship program that targets young leaders
- Measure retention and develop plans to improve retention
- Assist in resolving any issues between members
- Monitoring diversity within the club and making plans for change if required
- Corresponding with potential members or replying to membership enquiries