The Darlings have sponsored 32 young people to attend the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) over the past 20 years.
RYLA is a week-long residential personal development program for young people aged 19 to 25, which focuses on yourself, leadership and community. RYLA aims to:
- Give young people the chance to come together in a supportive environment to gain a better understanding of their own strengths and the unique qualities and abilities of others
- Provide an opportunity for young people to develop a network of resources to facilitate their roles and development
- Facilitate learning about teamwork, communication, motivation and to develop the leadership skills of young people through experiential workshops
- Create a greater awareness of social issues affecting young people and
- Demonstrate Rotary’s commitment to young people