Dear Members and Friends of the Rotary Club of Sydney Darling Harbour,
Welcome to the new Rotary year. To start the first Newletter of the year please a see a few brief notes from John D’Alessandri current Co-President of Darlings Rotary Darling harbour:
- Good news in that my Co- President Michael Mazza returns from his long overseas trip today. Not so good news is that Drew our president for the past 2 years presiding over the most difficult of times has decided to take a well -deserved break from the Darlings. We can all thank him on Changeover Night – “once a Darling always a Darling”.
- Welcome our new Board and thank/farewell previous Board – Change over dinner on Wed 12th July from 6.30pm – 9pm. Please purchase tickets on the link below. The dinner will be a 3 Course meal with a welcome drink at Casa Ristorante Italiano. Tickets available: https://events.humanitix.com/2023-rotary-club-of-sydney-darling-harbour-changeover. Please make an effort to come it will be a fun night. All bookings need to be finalized by 7th of July
- Communication – I am thinking about also using either Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp for our group communications. Please email or message me the following Your contact details – ie mobile number, email and whether you are on Messager, WhatsApp or both? on John@dalla.net.au
- Meetings: Our monthly in-person meetings will feature good Speakers and our online meetings we will all work on projects and spread the workload. Our last meeting’s speaker was Dr Railya Mousina (specialist breast & general surgeon). She has asked me to put her in touch with a local Rotary Club in the Eastern Suburbs. Good quality Speakers can help us retain and attract members to Rotary. Next confirmed Speaker for Weds 9 August is Gwamaka Mwasakifwa (Founder of CloudScript) speaking on digital health innovations.
- Homelessness: Our theme remains the same. Keen on picking one project per quarter either fund-raising or “hands on” work. Hands on work suggested are MediShare, The Station and Stepping Stone House. Fund-raising suggestions are “Comedy for a cause” either virtual or at a venue, Cultural Night, Bush Dance.
July 12, 2023
|Change over Dinner – 12/07/2023
July 12, 2023 at 6:30 pm
Continuing a proud tradition, the Rotary Club of Sydney Darling Harbour will changeover its board this year. Co-Presidents John D’Alessandri & Mike Mazza will be taking over the reigns from President Drew Sturgiss as we begin the Rotary year 2023-2024. The dinner will be a 3 Course meal with a welcome drink at Casa Ristorante Italiano.
For more information, or to get involved, visit https://rotarydarlingharbour.org.au/events/change-over-dinner-save-the-date-12-07-2023/
July 26, 2023
|Virtual Meeting – 26/07/2023
July 26, 2023 at 6:00 pm
Our digital club meetings are a great opportunity to discuss our upcoming events, ongoing projects and recent news from the comfort of your home office. If you are passionate about improving your world and local community, making new friends and developing new skills and are excited to attack new challenges, then this is the meeting for you.
For more information, or to get involved, visit https://rotarydarlingharbour.org.au/events/virtual-meeting-26-07-2023/
|Board Meeting – 26/07/2023
July 26, 2023 at 7:00 pm
The Rotary Club of Sydney Darling Harbour is engaged in several different projects. Whether it’s working within our local community, advancing international understanding and providing humanitarian aid, providing for the development and advancement of our members or fostering new friendships, our Club strives to always put its hands to something useful. Board meetings allow for the Club’s leadership to discuss plans, co-ordinate on strategies and adresss Club issues.
For more information, or to get involved, visit https://rotarydarlingharbour.org.au/events/board-meeting-26-07-2023/
In humans, the nail of the index finger grows faster than that of the little finger; and fingernails grow up to four times faster than toenails. In humans, nails grow at an average rate of 3 mm a month. Fingernails require three to six months to regrow completely, and toenails require 12 to 18 months.
Looking forward to seeing you at our Change over Dinner on July 12th at 6.30 PM. For more information https://rotarydarlingharbour.org.au/events/change-over-dinner-save-the-date-12-07-2023/
Rotary Club of Sydney Darling Harbour